Gifts or real estate may include developed property, undeveloped property or gifts subject to a prior life interest. They may be given outright or through a bequest, or may be used to fund a charitable trust or other life income plans.
The advantages of a real estate gift include:
- Reduced income and estate taxes
- Avoidance of capital gains taxes
- Financial security for loved ones
- Increased lifetime income
- Continued use of the contributed property during your life
Because a gift of real estate will usually be sold as soon as practicable after it is gifted, the real estate must be free of debt and must be readily marketable. An added benefit is that in most cases, all aspects of its sale are handled by Fenwick High School.