Mr. Mark Hackman-Brooks, email@example.com, ext. 134
Reach Parent Moderators here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us on the water! Picture yourself among the lapping waves of Lake Michigan with the Chicago skyline as the backdrop. Fenwick sails both Fall and Spring seasons out of Columbia Yacht Club. While no previous experience is required, consistent commitment to practice is expected. Attending two practices per week is suggested to build expertise and participate in regattas. Our emphasis is on mastering sailing skills in a variety of conditions, collaboration with friendly competition and safety.
Regarding transportation, families and sailors typically arrange transit to and from practices and regattas via carpool or Metra/CTA.
Mondays & Fridays
9 a.m.–4 p.m. (considered a double session)
Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays
- Fall Highlights: We splashed into our second season with 22 members from all grades! We have participated in many regattas, including the Great Oaks Regatta in Wayzata, Minn. where Harry Bearrows and Maura Hopkinson placed 1st for silver fleet, and the Banks Blackwell Regatta in Culver, IN. where we placed 3rd in A division!
- “Sailing a boat calls for quick action, a blending of feeling with the wind and water as well as with the heart and soul of the boat itself. Sailing teaches alertness and courage, and gives in return a joyousness and peace that but few sports afford.” —George Matthew Adams
- Practices: Sailing out of Columbia Yacht Club (111 N Lake Shore Drive, Chicago 60601. Columbiayachtclub.org; 312-938-3625)
- Regattas (races): Weekends, mainly take place in the Chicago metropolitan area.
- Exact schedules will be posted when released for the season
- Philanthropy: Fall Campaign: Toys for Tots; Spring Initiative: Summer clothing drive for Goodwill Industries
Club External Site: Fenwick Sailing
Facebook: Fenwick Sailing