Join us on the water! Picture yourself among the lapping waves of Lake Michigan with the Chicago skyline as the backdrop. Fenwick sails both Fall and Spring seasons out of Burnham Harbor. While no previous experience is required, consistent commitment to practice is expected. Attending two practices per week is suggested to build expertise and participate in regattas. Our emphasis is on mastering sailing skills in a variety of conditions, collaboration with friendly competition and safety.
Regarding transportation, families and sailors typically arrange transit to and from practices and regattas via carpool or Metra/CTA.
Sailors must register through Chicago Park District prior to sailing: Here
- Each sailor needs to fill out the proper paperwork, provided by the Teacher Moderator, to be able to sail.
- Each sailor needs to fill out the proper paperwork, provided by the Coach, to be able to sail.
- Registration Fee (Chicago Residents - $255 & Non-Residents - $510) paid online through the club.
- Fenwick Dues ($100) paid via check to Fenwick High School.
- Regattas: Each Regatta has their own fees, plus then expenses throughout the day (food, drink, transportation, etc...).
- Sailing Gear: Each sailor is required to have certain gear (pending on what is needed will dictate the price). There is other gear that is recommended, but not required. Crowley's Yacht Club usually partners with Fenwick to provide packages and certain gear at discounts.
- Sailors, Coaches, Moderators, and Parents will all be added to the teams HUDL account. This will be the communication tool for the club. HUDL has an app that can be downloaded onto any device.
- Fall 2021 Highlights:
- Spring 2022 Highlights:
- Practices: Sailing out of Burnham Harbor (1559 S Lake Shore Dr, Chicago 60601).
- Regattas (races): Weekends, mainly take place in the Chicago metropolitan area. Some are out of state.
- Exact schedules will be posted when released for the season
- Philanthropy: Fall Campaign: Toys for Tots; Spring Initiative: Summer clothing drive for Goodwill Industries
Sailing out of Burnham Harbor (1559 S Lake Shore Dr, Chicago 60601).
Must register online and fill out proper paperwork prior to sailing (see above).
- Tuesdays and Thursdays (possibly every other Friday as well)
- 4:00pm - 6:30pm
Sailing a boat calls for quick action, a blending of feeling with the wind and water as well as with the heart and soul of the boat itself. Sailing teaches alertness and courage, and gives in return a joyousness and peace that but few sports afford.” —George Matthew Adams