The Blackfriars Guild presents three mainstage performances and numerous small scale performances These give the students an opportunity to learn theatre arts (onstage and on crew) and to express themselves artistically through acting, singing, dancing, playing musical instruments (solos and in groups) and skit writing, as well as to learn how to share their theatrical talents with others as they prepare productions for performance.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram via the Fenwick Performing Arts Page!
ANASTASIA AUDITION NOTICE
- BFG is so excited to start our 21-22 season with a staged reading of the new musical, Anastasia.
- Anastasia is a musical with music and lyrics by Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty, and a book by Terrence McNally. Based on the 1997 film of the same name, the musical adapts the legend of Grand Duchess Anastasia Nikolaevna of Russia, who could have escaped the execution of her family. Years later, an amnesiac orphan named Anya hopes to find some trace of her family by siding with two con men who wish to take advantage of her likeness to the Grand Duchess.
- All interested students should view the audition notice HERE.
- Virtual Submission are due no later than 5PM, August 25th.
- Stay tuned for tickets to the show which will show September 17-18 in the Fenwick Auditorium!
2020 - 2021 Season Highlights
Our very first staged-reading, Freaky Friday, was performed at The Roos in October
The Fall Play slot was filled with two one-acts, Young Sherlock and Murder on West Moon Street.
Banua 2021 was a smashing success incorporating live and pre-recorded acts!
The spring musical, Cinderella, was our first indoor, live audience of the year! Covid can't stop BFG!
The year was filled with iterations of Friar Fest, our version of an open mic night, and provided performance opportunities for many students.
BFG was able to involve around 150 students throughout the year and maintained a safe environment for performers and audiences!
2019 - 2020 Season Highlights
- 2019 Fall Comedy: "David Copperfield," November 1st (7:30 p.m.), 2nd (7:30 p.m.) and 3rd (3 p.m.).
- "David Copperfield" is Charles Dickens's classic comedy-drama about the life and times of a young English boy.
- Banua 2020 - Our annual Variety Show featuring solo and group musical arts, chorus numbers and original comedy skits: February 7th (7 p.m.) and February 8th (7 p.m.), 2020.
- 2020 Spring Musical: "Shrek - The Musical," April 3rd (7 p.m.), 4th (2p.m. & 7 p.m.) & 5th (2 p.m.).
- The classical animated movie comes to life onstage with over the top music, costumes and all your favorite characters!
- A well-received production of our fall comedy-drama, "Quality Street."
- Large and appreciative crowds for "Banua 2019," our annual Variety Show.
- A large and extremely talented cast for our spring musical, "The Music Man."