The Blackfriars Guild presents three productions annually. These give the students an opportunity to learn theatre arts (onstage and on crew) and to express themselves artistically through acting, singing, dancing, playing musical instruments (solos and in groups) and skit writing, as well as to learn how to share their theatrical talents with others as they prepare productions for performance.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram via the Fenwick Performing Arts Page!
2020 - 2021 Season
Given the ever-changing circumstances due to Covid-19, we plan to have a larger number of small events to provide students every possible opportunity to perform. The titles for our typical mainstage performances have not been selected yet, due to the vast list of unknowns regarding social distancing and performance opportunity.
We have instituted the "Friar Spotlight Series" which provides monthly performance opportunities for members of the Fenwick Community. See below for Friar Spotlight Series Events.
August 28, 2020 - Friar Fest
September 25, 2020 - BFG Feature (small scale musical with minimal sets/costumes)
October 29, 2020 - Friar Fest
November 13 - 15, 2020 - FALL PLAY
December 17, 2020 - BFG Holiday Feature (This performance will be a theatrical/musical event focused on the Holidays)
January 14, 2021 - Friar Fest
February 5 - 6, 2021 - BANUA
March 26 - 28, 2021 - SPRING MUSICAL
April 29, 2021 - Friar Fest
May 21, 2021 - BFG Feature (small scale play/musical with minimal sets/costumes)
Included in our Friar Spotlight Series you'll notice our traditional programming which includes a Fall Play, Winter Variety Show (Banua), and Spring Musical. These traditional shows may look different in the past, including small casts, and non-traditional performances.
2019 - 2020 Season Highlights
- 2019 Fall Comedy: "David Copperfield," November 1st (7:30 p.m.), 2nd (7:30 p.m.) and 3rd (3 p.m.).
- "David Copperfield" is Charles Dickens's classic comedy-drama about the life and times of a young English boy.
- Banua 2020 - Our annual Variety Show featuring solo and group musical arts, chorus numbers and original comedy skits: February 7th (7 p.m.) and February 8th (7 p.m.), 2020.
- 2020 Spring Musical: "Shrek - The Musical," April 3rd (7 p.m.), 4th (2p.m. & 7 p.m.) & 5th (2 p.m.).
- The classical animated movie comes to life onstage with over the top music, costumes and all your favorite characters!
- A well-received production of our fall comedy-drama, "Quality Street."
- Large and appreciative crowds for "Banua 2019," our annual Variety Show.
- A large and extremely talented cast for our spring musical, "The Music Man."