June 7, 2018
130 students displayed roughly 1,200 pieces in the library on May 31st.
At the Fenwick Spring Art Show, 130 students displayed roughly 1,200 pieces, including: paintings (acrylic & watercolor); drawings in pencil, charcoal & conte crayon; block and screen prints; digital photography; ceramics; clay, paper & wire sculptures; wire mobiles; and metal repousse.
New for this art show was our Elementary Art school contest in the library hallway. Students from four schools participated: Ascension, St. Vincent Ferrer, Notre Dame/Clarendon Hills and St. Mary's of Riverside. "We proudly showed close to 100 pieces of artwork from our feeder schools," reports Art Teacher Tracey Carey. "All participants received a certificate of appreciation as well as candy."
Five winners were chosen and each received a Fenwick bag filled with gear, art supplies and candy. Winners (in no specific order):
- Woman with Umbrella - Sam Hansen (Ascension)
- Self-Portrait - Meg Fangmann (St. Mary’s)
- Starry Night - Brianna Kamar (Ascension)
- Slice - Kaylene Gohman (St. Vincent Ferrer)
- Rabbit - Maro Aroutiunia (Ascension)
- Clay Fountain - St. Mary’s art students Mia Scharpf, Bello Brunke and Lorelei Kotwasinski