The Tri-M Music Honor Society is sponsoring Music In Our Schools Month again this year at Fenwick. The annual celebration from National Association for Music Education engages music educators, students and communities from around the country in promoting the benefits of high-quality music education programs in schools.
SEE THE FENWICK "MUSIC" VIDEO
"This year’s theme is 'Music Connects,' and we are planning a few activities to celebrate," says Ms. Rizelle Capito, Chairperson of Fenwick's Expressive Arts Department:
- Music will be played in the atrium each morning (7:30-7:55) as students and teachers walk into school.
- On Fridays, small groups of music students will perform music as students walk into school in the atrium.
- There will be a music trivia question during Monday announcements and the trivia question raffle winner will be announced on Friday -- and prizes will be given away. (Trivia question answers should be submitted by 3:30 p.m. on Thursday in a box located in the library.)
- On Wednesdays, Music Facts will be read during announcements.
- There will also be a poster outside the Student Cafeteria with Music Genres where students can write their names under their favorite music genre.
Music In Our Schools Month began as a single statewide Advocacy Day and celebration in New York in 1973 and grew over the decades to become a month-long celebration of school music in 1985.