Fenwick High School is a member of the eRead Illinois Program, a statewide program designed to increase access to e-books for Illinois residents and grow e-book expertise among library staff, library system staff, and Illinois residents. Initial funding for eRead Illinois was provided by a grant from Secretary of State and State Librarian Jesse White through the Illinois State Library. Illinois Heartland Library System (IHLS) and Reaching Across Illinois Library System(RAILS) have partnered with the Illinois State Library and Baker & Taylor to provide this access through Axis 360.
Axis 360 is a digital media platform providing libraries and their patrons with a state-of-the-art system for circulating digital e-books from the eRead Illinois shared collection for Illinois libraries. Patrons at libraries participating in eRead Illinois will use the cloud-based delivery across a number of devices including iPad, iPhone, Android, Windows, NOOK® and Sony ReaderTM devices, and many more. At Fenwick High School, students and faculty are able to download the books of their choice—both at school and at home—using the axis360 app on their iPad. To access the ebooks on a desktop, users will need to install the Axis 360 Desktop Reader.
How It Works
Access the Magic Wall
- Download the FREE axis360 app to your device.
- Open the app, and search for Fenwick High School.
• For faculty, your Library ID will be [first name initial + last name]. Example: jsmith
• For students, your Library ID will be the same as your normal Fenwick login [year of graduation + first name initial + last name]. Example: 18jsmith
The password for both faculty and students is fenwick (all lowercase).
Passwords and usernames can only be changed by the administrator. If you wish to change your password to something more private, please see the librarian.
- After logging in, you will see Fenwick High School's "Magic Wall". Search for a specific author or title, or browse books by subject and genre! When you find a book you like, select "Check Out." The book will automatically download to your device.
Note: We share this collection with a consortium, so, although there may be five copies available of one book, it is possible all copies have been checked out by users at different libraries. If this is the case, you can put a book on hold.
For a more detailed, step-by-step tutorial, see this guide.