The World Language Department offers a four- or five-year sequence in French, German, Italian, Latin, and Spanish. All students take four years of world language. An AP course is offered as the culmination of all five language programs. Every world language course includes some cultural or historical units. In the modern languages, the goal is to provide a balanced program of reading, writing, speaking, and listening comprehension.
- French 1, 2, 3, AP
- German 1, 2, 3, AP
- Italian 1, 2, 3, AP
- Latin 1, 2, 3, 4, AP
- Mandarin 1,2,3
- Spanish 1, 2, 3, 3 Honors, 4, 4 Honors, AP
Every year our students win more than two-hundred bronze, silver and gold medals in the national exams.
- The World Language Department offers a club corresponding to each of the languages.
- Every student enrolled in a language course takes the national exam in the respective language.
- Some Spanish students participate in the yearly Oral Proficiency Contest.
- Latin students can compete in the Latin Certamen Contest.
* denotes department administrator
See Full School Directory
Filter by Last Name:Show All
Filter By Department: