Recognizing that, in the information age, the need for effective analysis, evaluation and synthesis from trained social scientists is more critical than ever, the Fenwick Social Studies Department strives to aid students to become creative and independent thinkers. Indeed, Fenwick social studies students must become apprentice social scientists and scholars in courses which examine the important political, geographic, economic, legal, religious, cultural and social issues of our contemporary and historical worlds.
- Freshmen – Western Civilization to 1500; World Civilizations since 1500
- Sophomore-Senior – Civics/A.P. Government
- Juniors – United States History
- Chicago History (*summer course only)
- United States Foreign Policy since 1945
- Regional Histories: African, East Asian, Latin American, and Middle Eastern
Advanced Placement Offerings/Suggested Test Prep Aides