The Mathematics department goal is to instruct students at their capacity for intellectual knowledge and to prepare them for aesthetic appreciation, in-depth study, and critical thinking. The department aims to develop students' understanding of mathematical concepts, relationships, techniques and deductive logic, along with the precision and aesthetics involved in the study of mathematics, especially involving computer and calculator-based applications. The student who understands mathematical processes and content, as well as the value of mathematics, will be able to function efficiently and responsibly in our ever-changing society.
- Advanced Placement courses in Calculus (BC and AB levels), Statistics and Computer Science
- For those students ahead in the Honors sequence, special courses in Honors Multivariable Calculus, Honors Differential Equations and Honors Linear Algebra
- A new Technical Drafting course using Computer Aided Drawing (CAD), an especially useful course for those planning careers in engineering, architecture, interior design or construction management
- Careful placement of each student in the best possible course each year based on past performance in math courses
Junior High School Math Competition
School/Individual scores were emailed to school proctors. Please reach out to your school to see how your student(s) and school performed! If for some reason the proctor does not have the scores, have them email Mr. Barabasz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Click Here to View the Recorded Awards Ceremony
Saturday, November 3 - annual Junior High Math Contest, schools may enter a 6-person team plus individual entries, or 1 or more individual students may enter under a school’s name, pre-registration required
Monday, May 17 - placement exam for rising freshmen who wish to try to place into honors math, pre-registration required. Please click here for a practice packet, and here for the solutions to that packet. Note, this packet is for those incoming freshman looking to get into the freshmen honors course, Honors Algebra 2.
Mr. Kevin Roche received the Rising Star Teacher’s Award, 2016, from the Chicago Archdiocese Math Teachers’ Association
Mrs. Maria Nowicki received the Master Teacher's Award, 2017, from the Chicago Archdiocese Math Teacher's Association
* denotes department administrator
See Full School Directory
Filter by Last Name:Show All
Filter By Department: