September 25, 2019
The five male and five female students hail from Chicago, Elmhurst, Franklin Park, La Grange Riverside and Western Springs.
From left: Sebastian Torres, Kaitlyn Cassidy, Nathan Crowell, Katherine Casagrande, Joshua Richards, Michael Kapsch, Margaret Scudder, Clark Davis, Jordan Nigro and Grace Vomacka.
Ten Fenwick students are among some 34,000 high-school seniors from across the United States who will receive letters of commendation from the National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC). They are, in alphabetical order with their hometowns and grade schools:
- Katherine Casagrande (Elmhurst, Bryan Middle School)
- Kaitlyn Cassidy (La Grange, St. Cletus School)
- Nathan Crowell (Elmhurst, Bryan Middle School)
- Clark Davis (Elmhurst, Immaculate Conception Grade School)
- Michael Kapsch (Elmhurst, Immaculate Conception Grade School)
- Jordan Nigro (Chicago, Lane Tech Academic Center)
- Joshua Richards (Riverside, Hauser Junior High)
- Margaret Scudder (Western Springs, St. John of the Cross School)
- Sebastian Torres (Franklin Park, St. Cyprian School)
- Grace Vomacka (Riverside, St. Mary School)
These commended students placed among the top 50,000 scorers. “The young men and women being named Commended Students have demonstrated outstanding potential for academic success,” comments a NMSC spokesperson. Based in Evanston, NMSC is a not-for-profit organization that has awarded scholarships to more than 330,000 deserving students since its establishment in 1955.
Earlier this month, Fenwick announced its four NMSC semi-finalists for 2019-20.
CLICK HERE TO MEET OUR SEMI-FINALISTS!