Fenwick Varsity Baseball - 2014
** 2014 Regional and Sectional Champions!
Congratulations to Coach Hogan and the entire Fenwick Baseball program for their success throughout the 2014 season.
A special thanks to our graduated seniors! We appreciate all your hard work and commitment to Fenwick, your teammates and to your coaches. You have left a legacy that will forever inspire our program.
****Outfielder Bobby Hogan makes Coaches All-State Team!
Congratulations to Bobby Hogan, Justin Rodriguez, Kristian Meyer and Gino Cavalieri who were named All-Conference. Cavalieri and Hogan will represent the Chicago Catholic League in the Catholic League vs. Public League All-Star game at Cellular Field this June. Bobby Hogan was also nominated for the Lawless Award for the Chicago Catholic League White Division.
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
It is through our commitment to Fenwick, our teammates, our families and most importantly to God that inspires and motivates us to better ourselves on and off the field each day!
by Mike Matheny of the St. Louis Cardinals
Here are 12 ways to make yourself valuable as a team member:
1. Be an "encourager" of others on the team - How do you know someone needs encouragement? If they are breathing!
2. Embrace change willingly - be part of the solution!
3. Remain positive when others are negative - "perpetual optimism is a force multiplier."
4. Laugh deep and smile often - let your light shine by putting your lamp on its stand.
5. Value other people’s opinions - seek first to understand. People support what they help create!
6. Remain steadfast to vision and values - ROADMAP & COMPASS.
7. Be flexible with methods - form vs. function, are you wedded to your preference or more interested in results?
8. Genuinely love people - Vince Lombardi - "I don't necessarily have to like my players, but as a leader I must love them" -LOVE is respect, commitment, loyalty, teamwork. How you treat people really matters! Love is a VERB!
9. Give more than required - the world says "get all you can, can all you get, and sit on your can." that's not teamwork. Give all you can!
10. Think critically for improvement - when you are through learning you are THROUGH!
11. Have a servant’s heart - its not about YOU, its about those entrusted to your care!
12. Never gossip or talk bad about another team member -gossip destroys trust and tears down the team. Those who will gossip about others to you will most certainly gossip about you to others!
Fenwick HS vs. Loyola Academy at US Cellular Field